As week four has past, a lot has been completed towards my genius hour project.

First step was to see what possible materials I have in my own recycling bins that I could use to create some storage items. After getting dirty and searching through my bin I found great items that were recycled which I can use to make my DIY projects. The photo on the left shows the items I have chosen from my recycling bin that I thought would be helpful in creating my projects. It mainly consists of cardboard pieces and a plastic container.
First step was to see what possible materials I have in my own recycling bins that I could use to create some storage items. After getting dirty and searching through my bin I found great items that were recycled which I can use to make my DIY projects. The photo on the left shows the items I have chosen from my recycling bin that I thought would be helpful in creating my projects. It mainly consists of cardboard pieces and a plastic container.
Second step for the week was to brainstorm ideas of how I can use these materials to create storage items for my closet and desk. For added motivation and idea building, I used my research from last week to get ideas of projects I could possibly create. I then envisioned a desk organizer that could store writing utensils as well as other stationary items. For this I used the plastic oatmeal container as a pencil and pen holder and parts of the ziploc cardboard box were attached to the side to provide some extra storage for miscellaneous desk items. I then visualized a project for a shoe organizer to neatly store shoes. I got this idea from a more expensive shoe organizer I saw on Pinterest which used wood panels with wood sticks to hang shoes. I used the cardboard box for the structure and glued on slots from the egg carton to act as a hanger for shoes.
Overall, my final products have been created which I now use daily to help store my belongings. My goal for next week is to record my TED Talk as well as prepare to share my process of creating these projects in a presentation using an artifact of choice where my two projects will be revealed!
No comments:
Post a Comment